- Monday8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Tuesday8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Wednesday8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Thursday8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Friday8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Low back Pain in Duluth, MN
The low back can withstand tremendous forces without injury. However, if the low back is out of alignment or has a weakened core, something as simple as picking up a bag of groceries or a small child can cause an injury to your low back. The susceptibility of the low back to injury and pain is due to the fact that the low back, like the neck, is a very unstable part of the spine.
The key to protecting our low back is to have a strong core and of course to make sure that we are free of those nasty subluxations. Chiropractors are experts at diagnosing the cause and determining the proper treatment for low back pain and correcting subluxations. Chiropractic treatment for low back pain is usually pretty straightforward. Most commonly, it's simply a matter of adjusting the lower lumbar vertebrae and pelvis to re-establish normal motion and position of your bones and joints. Once these corrections are made, your chiropractor will give you core strengthening exercises that will help you to reduce your risk of re injury in the future.
Here are some of the most common causes of low back pain:
- Subluxations – These can lead to debilitating low back pain. Fortunately, subluxations are easily treatable, and often times a significant reduction in pain is noted almost immediately following treatment.
- Disc Herniations – Unfortunately, once a disc herniates, they rarely, if ever, completely heal. However, further deterioration can often be avoided through regular chiropractic care, but a complete recovery is very uncommon.
- Sprains, Strains and Spasms - This is commonly the source of low back pain among the people who have sedentary jobs during the week and then once the weekend comes, they push themselves way too much. By the end of the weekend they are lying flat on their back counting down the hours until they can see their chiropractor. Overworking our low back muscles like this can lead to small tears in the tissues, which can become very painful, swollen and tight.
- Stress - Whenever you become stressed, your body responds by increasing your blood pressure and heart rate, flooding your body with stress hormones and tightening up your muscles. When you are stressed all the time, the chronic tension causes your muscles to become sore, weak and loaded with trigger points.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Duluth
Are you experiencing low back pain? If so, don't hesitate to give your Duluth Chiropractor a call today and stop living in pain.Call us today for a FREE consultation!